When it comes to choosing a healthcare programin the Chicago area, you want a quality, educational experience that puts you on the path to success.
As one of the most innovative and vital industries in the market, healthcare comes with a unique set of requirements when it comes to employment. Regulations regarding licensing and certification require that everyone employed in the field has the proper training and qualifications. An extensive interview process asks the hard questions about your experience and goals. And when it comes time to prove yourself on the job, your education will quickly determine how fast and far you’ll be able to go.
Start strong in your new career by getting the education and training you need right from the start.
Northwestern College specializes in equipping students with the required skill sets to become employed at area hospitals, doctors’ offices, healthcare facilities, and more. Even better—we offer this training in an atmosphere that encourages personal growth and provides continued opportunities for success long after you graduate.
Available Healthcare Programs
The School of Health Sciences at Northwestern College, provides a wide range of healthcare programs that can be completed in two years or less.
With flexible scheduling options to suit your lifestyle and payment plans that make sense for the modern student, we work hard to ensure that you never have to sacrifice your dreams and goals for the future.
- Coding Specialist Certificate: Build on an existing medical records career or start a new one by pursuing our coding certificate program.
- Medical Assistant Degree: Designed to meet entry-level administrative and clinical competencies, the medical assistant degree allows students to work alongside healthcare staff, including doctors and specialists.
- Health Information Technology Degree: A growing field that combines healthcare, administration, and IT systems to manage and report health care data.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography Degree: Train for a career in this highly specialized medical field.
- Radiologic Technology Degree: This program educates students in the use of x-ray radiation to perform a wide variety of procedures for use in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, diseases, and injuries.
Nurses are the foundation of every healthcare organization, from hospitals and clinics to private nursing facilities. As a nurse, you’re the individual who patients trust to provide hands-on care, and you’re the professional who works as a liaison between patients and the entire healthcare community.
Feel confident in your career and in your future by choosing a healthcare school that understands what it means to help you succeed. From the day you walk through our doors, you’ll be taking a journey toward a better, stronger future—and we’ll be right there alongside you every step of the way.